Personal Information Protection Policy
Enetrade Inc. (hereinafter referred to as "the Company") recognizes that it is the Company responsibility to properly handle personal information when conducting business in the electricity retail and wholesale businesses.
The Company will promote personal information protection by making all employees aware of the importance of protecting personal information and making efforts to protect it. Rules of the Personal Information Protection Policy are as follows.
- 1. When acquiring, using, and providing personal information, the Company will specify the Purpose of Use and will not handle personal information beyond the scope necessary to achieve the specified purpose. In addition, the Company will take appropriate management measures to prevent unintended use.
- 2. Regarding personal information handled in all businesses and personal information of employees, the Company will comply with Laws, Regulations, Guidelines, and other Rules regarding the handling of personal information set by the government and or institutions.
- 3. In order to properly manage the acquired personal information, the Company will take organizational, human, physical and technical safety measures, and work, to prevent and correct the leakage, loss, or damage of personal information.
- 4. When the Company receives complaints or consultation regarding the handling of personal information, the Company will promptly investigate the facts about the content and respond in good faith within a reasonable period.
- 5. The Company will continuously improve efforts to protect personal information considering changes in social conditions and the environment.
- Enacted and Revised
- Enacted on July 1, 2017
- Revised on June 10, 2019
- Revised on March 31, 2021
- Enetrade Inc.
- Kenichi Sakagoshi
Personal Information Consultation Desk
Handling of Personal Data
- 1. Company name
2. Personal information protection manager and contact information
Personal information protection manager: Kenichi Sakagoshi, Representative Director
Address: Shirokane-Takanawa Station Building 4F, 1-27-6 Shirokane, Minato-ku, Tokyo
3. Definitions of Terms
- (1) "Personal information" means information about a living individual that can identify the specific individual by name, date of birth, or other description contained in the information, as well as information that includes a personal identification code.
- (2) "Personal data" means personal information that is maintained in a retrievable manner.
4. Method of obtaining personal information
We obtain your personal information through business cards, application forms, e-mails, websites, telephone calls, and mails.
5. Purpose of use of personal information
Personal information obtained and retained by the Company will be used for the appropriate and smooth operation of the Company's business. The information will also be used to the extent necessary for the following services provided. We will not use the information for any other purposes, and will take measures to prevent its use for any other purposes.
(1) Personal information related to our electric power retail business/services for Power Producer and Suppliers
- ・To perform various procedures (application, change of information, cancellation, calculation and billing of power charges and other various charges, payment settlement, after-sales service, etc.) and to contact people about various things related to our electricity sales and purchases.
- ・To prevent usage that violates the Power Supply and Demand Agreement and Terms of Conditions for various services related to our electricity sales and purchases.
- ・To provide various services for Power Producer and Suppliers based on contracts with clients
- ・To conduct business negotiations, business communications, contract fulfillment, and billing and payment operations related to our various services.
- ・Development of new products and services.
- (2) Personal information related to inquiries to the Company
- ・To respond to inquiries about the Company (including information recorded during telephone calls).
- (3) Personal information related to officers and employees
- ・To conduct personnel and labor management (including retirees), business management, compensation payment, health management, and various applications based on laws and administrative regulations
- (4) Personal information regarding employment applicants
- ・To contact applicants regarding employment selection and selection results
- ・To perform procedures for employment
- (5) Personal information regarding shareholders
- ・To exercise rights and perform obligations under the Companies Act
- (6) Other personal information related to the operation
- ・To distribute and send information regarding seminars, events, etc., and to contact participants afterwards to share information, conduct surveys, etc.
- (7) Others
- ・To perform any and all operations incidental to the preceding items
- (1) Personal information related to our electric power retail business/services for Power Producer and Suppliers
6. Safety control measures
The Company shall take measures to ensure the security of personal information and prevent its leakage, etc. through the development and improvement of a system for the protection of personal information, education for employees, access control to areas where personal information is handled as well as the personal information itself, implementation of anti-virus software, and other information security measures. Personal information that is no longer in our possession will be securely disposed of or erased in an appropriate manner.
In addition, when personal information is used for cloud services provided by cloud service providers, such personal information may be stored on a server in a foreign country, but the location of the server is not disclosed for security reasons. When personal information is handled in a foreign country, we will promptly respond to requests from customers to provide information on security control measures, etc.
If there is a safety control measure disclosed separately for that service on the service site, that measure will take precedence.
7. Provision of personal information to third parties
The Company will not provide personal information obtained from customers to third parties except in the following (1) to (6) cases.
- (1) When prior consent has been obtained from the person in question
- (2) When required by law, or when recognized as exceptions by law
- (3) When it is necessary for the protection of the person’s life, body, or property, and when it is difficult to obtain consent of the person in question
- (4) When it is necessary for improving public health or for promoting healthy growth of children, and when it is difficult to obtain consent of the person in question
- (5) When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by those parties to execute affairs established by law, and in which obtaining consent of the person in question could impede the execution of such affairs
- (6) When the third party is an academic research institution, etc., and the third party needs to handle the relevant personal data for academic research purposes (including cases in which academic research is part of the purpose of handling the relevant personal data, but excluding cases in which there is a risk of unjustified infringement on the rights and interests of individuals)
8. Outsourcing the handling of personal information
The Company may outsource part of the business to a third party within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
9. Requests for disclosure, revision, suspension of use, etc. of personal information
You may request the Company for notice of the purpose of use, disclosure, revision, addition or deletion of contents, suspension of use, and deletion or suspension of providing to third parties, of your person information. If you wish to request disclosure, etc., please contact the information under "13. Personal Information Consultation Service" below. Please note, however, that we may not be able to disclose personal information in cases where disclosure is required by law. We appreciate your understanding.
10. Joint use of personal information
The Company will share part of personal information as follows.
A. Shared use of personal information in the retail power business and BPO business
(1) Scope of joint users
The company may share customer’s personal information with the following parties. *1
- ・Retail power providers *2
- ・General transmission and distribution companies *3
- ・Demand control contractors *4
- ・OCCTO *5
- (2) Purpose of joint use
- ・FTo conduct, modify, or terminate a Transportation Service Agreement or Power Supply Adjustment Service Agreement (hereinafter referred to as a ‘Transportation Service Agreement’)
- ・To terminate and mediate *5 a Retail Supply Agreement (including agreements concerning remote islands supply and final guaranteed supply) or an electricity receiving contract (hereinafter referred to as "Electricity Receipt Contract")
- ・To confirm information regarding the location of supply (or demand)
- ・To perform duties of a general transmission and distribution operator based on the Transportation Service Agreement such as reading electricity meters, maintaining, inspecting and replacing facilities, surveying facilities in the event of power outages, disasters, etc.,
- ・To conduct business related to Negawatt transactions.
- (3) Items of information to be jointly used
- ・Basic information: name, address, telephone number and contract number of the retail supply contract
- ・Information on the location of supply (or demand): The service area of the general transmission and distribution company of that the Transportation Service Agreement is concluded with, coverage of the isolated islands supply agreement, designated number for the location of supply (or demand), information on the amount of consignment contract, upper limit of electric current, menu of interconnection transmission service, power factor, supply method, method of determining consignment contract, meter information, pole number, existence of grid-connected facilities, date of change in consignment contract, date of meter reading, contract status, and method of decommissioning
- ・Information on Negawatt transactions: power generation sales, demand procurement, demand control, and baseline
- (4) Party responsible for joint use
- ・Basic information: Retail power providers with whom we have concluded retail supply contracts (however, for basic information on customers receiving isolated island supply or final guaranteed supply, general transmission and distribution companies).
- ・Information on the location of supply (or demand): General transmission and distribution companies and distribution companies whose service area covers the location of supply (or demand)
- ・Information on Negawatt Transactions: Demand control contractors
- (5) Acquisition Method
- ・Application forms, e-mails, web sites, inquiries through telephone calls, etc., and information obtained through outsourced services, etc.
- *1 The Company will share customers' personal information only with a limited number of service providers as necessary for the purpose of joint use, and will not necessarily share customers' personal information with all retail power providers, general transmission and distribution companies, and demand control contractors.
- *2 Retail power providers are business operators registered with the Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry as a retail power provider under the Electricity Business Act (Act No. 170 of July 11, 1964). (This includes business operators deemed to be registered as a retail power provider pursuant to the Supplementary Provisions of the Act for Partial Revision of the Electricity Business Act, etc. (Act No. 72 of 1994).) (Please refer to the website of the Agency for Natural Resources and Energy for the name, location, etc. retail power providers.)
- *3 General transmission and distribution companies refer to the Hokkaido Electric Power Network, Tohoku Electric Power Network, Tokyo Electric Power Grid, Chubu Electric Power Grid, Hokuriku Electric Power Transmission and Distribution, Kansai Electric Power Transmission and Distribution, Chugoku Electric Power Network, Shikoku Electric Power Transmission and Distribution, Kyushu Electric Power Transmission and Distribution, and Okinawa Electric Power Co.
- *4 Demand control contractors are business operators that have concluded a demand control adjustment supply contract with a member of a general transmission and distribution company or a power distribution company (including business operators that have obtained a business operator code before concluding the contract). (For the name, address and name of the representative of demand control contractors, please refer to the website of the Organization for Promotion of Electricity Wide Area Operations.)
- *5 "Terminating and mediating a Retail Supply Agreement " means that a business operator who has received a new application for a Retail Supply Agreement from a customer applies for the termination of the Retail Supply Agreement to the existing business operator on behalf of the customer.
(1) Scope of joint users
Our parent company, elDesign Inc., and its group companies (hereinafter referred to as "our group companies")*1
(2) Purpose of joint use
To provide information and proposals on services offered by our group companies, and to develop products and services, etc.
To provide information on events, surveys, etc.
(3) Items of information to be jointly used
Name, date of birth, gender, address, telephone (fax) number, e-mail address, company information (company name, department, position, address, telephone (fax) number), etc.
- (4) Party responsible for management of joint use
Person responsible for management: Kenichi Sakagoshi, President and Representative Director,
Address: Shirokane Takanawa Station Building 4F, 1-27-6 Shirokane, Minato-ku, Tokyo
(5) Acquisition method
Exchange of business cards, business meetings, transactions, applications for events/seminars, telephone calls, e-mails, inquiries through the website, etc.
- (1) Scope of joint users
11. Voluntary nature personal information items to be obtained
All personal information that the Company collects is provided with the customer’s intent. If you do not provide us with the required items, we may not be able to provide you with the appropriate services.
12. About SSL
When you provide personal information on the Company's website, we use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption technology to prevent interception by third parties during transmission, allowing you to transmit your personal information securely.
13. Personal Information Consultation Desk
For inquiries regarding our handling of personal information, please contact the following.
Shirokane-Takanawa Station Building 4F,
1-27-6 Shirokane, Minato-ku,
Tokyo 108-0072, Japan
TEL : 03-5422-8945
Information Security Policy
ENETRADE Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) recognizes the importance and responsibility of protecting the information entrusted to us by our customers and business partners and the information assets we hold off from threats.
Under such circumstances, the Company has actively managed, operated an information security management system.
The scope of the Basic Information Security Policy (hereinafter referred to as “the Basic Policy”) established and has declared that all employees will comply and put into action (needs fixing).
The Company will comply with Electricity Business Law, Personal Information Protection Law, Information Security Laws, Guidelines, Contractual Security Requirements, and Other relevant Rules and Regulations.
In accordance with the Basic Policy, we will maintain and manage internal regulations regarding information security.
The Company recognizes that it is an important social responsibility to handle information assets appropriately when carrying out business. The Company will carry out education and publicity activities for all employees.
To realize an appropriate management system for information assets, the Company will identify threats to information assets and continuously strive for risk analysis, evaluation, and improvement.
To ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information assets, the Company will implement appropriate information security measures based on human, organizational, and technical policies; to work on the safety management of information assets.
To respond to changes in the information security environment and new threats, the Company will evaluate the information security measures and work on continuous improvement.
In the unlikely event that an information security problem occurs, the Company will promptly strive to prevent the spread of the damage and recurrences.
Enacted: July 1st 2017