Personal Information Protection Policy
ENETRADE Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) recognizes that it is the Company responsibility to properly handle personal information when conducting business in the electricity retailer and electricity wholesaler.
The Company will promote personal information protection by making all employees aware of the importance of protecting personal information and making efforts. The following rules of the Personal Information Protection Policy are as follows.
- 1. When acquiring, using, and providing personal information, the Company will specify the Purpose of Use and will not handle personal information beyond the scope necessary to achieve the specified purpose. In addition, the Company will take appropriate management measures to prevent unintended use.
- 2. Regarding personal information handled in all businesses and employees, the Company will comply with Laws, Regulations, Guidelines, and other Rules regarding the handling of personal information set by the government and or institutions.
- 3. In order to properly manage the acquired personal information, the Company will take organizational, human, physical and technical safety measures, and work, to prevent and correct the leakage, loss, or damage of personal information.
- 4. When the Company receives complaints or consultation regarding the handling of personal information, the Company will promptly investigate the facts about the content and respond in good faith within a reasonable period.
- 5. The Company will continuously improve efforts to protect personal information considering changes in social conditions and the environment.
- Enacted and Revised
- Enacted on July 1, 2017
- Revised on June 10, 2019
- Revised on March 31, 2021
- ENETRADE Inc.,
- Kenichi Sakagoshi
Personal Information Consultation Desk
For inquiries regarding the handling of personal information and content of the Personal Information Protection Policy, please contact below.
Handling of Personal Information
- 1. Business Name
- 2. Personal Information Protection Manager and Contact Information
CEO Kenichi Sakagoshi
- 3. Purpose of Use
- (1) Procurement agency, brokerage, and sales of energy products such as electricity, oil, gas, and emission credits, and information and communication products
- (2) Provision and sale of systems that support the handling of energy products such as electricity, oil, gas, emission credits, and information and communication products
- (3) Software planning, development, production, construction, setting, sales, and management
- (4) Electric power trading business and trading mediation business
- (5) Power generation and energy supply business such as electricity, steam energy, etc.
- (6) Power plant operation and operation support
- (7) Various information provision services and information processing services
- (8) Casualty Insurance Agent business and other Insurance Agency business
- (9) Voice recording information when making call-in customer service operation
- (10) Employee personal information (used for employee management work)
- (11) Personal information of applicants for employment (used for employment work)
- (12) Information such as inquiries about the Company business (used only to answer inquiries)
- (13) All business operations to the preceding articles
Personal information acquired and held by the Company will be used to operate the business appropriately and smoothly. In addition, in each of the businesses listed above, it is necessary to conclude and fulfill contracts, after-sales service maintenance, maintenance of equipment, improvement of products and services, guidance on products and services, and other related operations. The Company will use personal information within the required range, but only for the intended purpose, and take measures to prevent unintended use.
- 4. Provision of Disclosing Personal Information to Third Parties
The Company will not disclose personal information entrusted from customers to third parties except the following cases.
- (1) When prior consent is obtained from the person in question.
- (2) When required by law
- (3) When obtaining consent from the person in question is difficult but necessary to protect the life, body, and property.
- (4) When obtaining consent from the person in question is difficult but necessary to improve public health or promote the healthy development of children.
- (5) When obtaining consent from the person in question could risk interfering with the affairs stipulated by the Laws and Regulations of the national institution or a local public body or a person entrusted to cooperate.
- 5. Entrusting the Handling of Personal Information
The Company may outsource parts of the business to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
- 6. Request for Disclosure, Correction, Suspension of Use, etc. of Personal Information
You can request notification of the purpose of use, disclosure, revision of content, suspension, erasure of provision to third parties regarding the personal information provided.
If you wish to request disclosure, etc., please contact the “9 Personal Information Consultation Counter” below. Please note that the Company may be unable to disclose personal information if based on Laws and Regulations.
7. Regarding Shared Use
We will share some of the personal information as follows.
A. Shared use of personal information in the electricity retail business
(1) Scope of shared users
The Company may share your personal information with the following persons. * 1
- ● Electricity retailer * 2
- ● General power transmission and distribution business operator * 3
- ● Organization for Cross-regional Coordination of Transmission Operators (OCCTO)
- ● Energy demand suppression contractor * 4
- (2) Purpose of shared use
- ● For the conclusion, revision or cancellation of a Consignment Supply Contract or an electricity adjustment supply contract (hereinafter referred to as “Consignment Supply Contract”)
- ● For the terminating agency * 5 of Retail Service Contract (including contracts related to remote island supply and final guaranteed supply) or electricity receiving contracts (hereinafter referred to as “Retail Service Contract”)
- ● To confirm information about the supply (power reception) point
- ● For the business execution of general power transmission and distribution business operators based on contracts such as meter reading of electric energy, maintenance/inspection/replacement of equipment, investigation of equipment in the event of a power outage/disaster, and other consignment supply.
- ● For business execution related to negawatt trading.
- (3) Information items for shared use
- ● Basic information: Name, address, telephone number, and contact number of the Retail Service Contract
- ● Information on supply (power receiving) points: Supply area of General Power transmission and Distribution business operator that concludes a Consignment Supply Contract, the target of a remote island supply contract, supply (power receiving) point identification number, consignment contract amount information, current upper limit, connection transmission service Menu, power factor, supply method, consignment contract determination method, instrument information, lead-in pillar number, presence/absence of grid interconnection equipment, consignment contract transfer date, meter reading date, contract status, decommissioning method
- ● Information on negawatt trading: power generation sales volume, demand procurement volume, demand suppressed volume, baseline
- (4) Responsible person for shared use
- ● Basic information: Retail electric power companies that have Retail Service Contract, etc. (However, for basic information on consumers who receive remote island supply or final security supply, refer to general power transmission and distribution business operators)
- ● Information about the supply (power receiving) point: A general power transmission and distribution business operator whose supply area is the supply (power receiving) point.
- ● Information on negawatt trading: Demand suppression contractors
- (5) Acquisition method
- ● Inquiries regarding application forms, emails, the Web, telephones, etc. and information obtained through outsourced operations.
- * 1 The Company will disclose customer’s personal information only with businesses within the scope necessary for shared use. However, it is not necessarily the case between all electricity retailer, general power transmission and distribution business operators, and demand suppression contractors that personal information will be for shared use.
- * 2 An electricity retailer does not fall under the reason for refusal of registration stipulated in Article 2-5, Paragraph 1 of the Electricity Business Act (Law No. 170 of July 11, 1964). An electricity retailer refers to businesses registered with the Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry (including businesses deemed to have been registered as electricity retailer by the supplementary provisions of the Act for Partial Revision of the Electricity Business Act (Act No. 72 of 2014)).
Please refer to the Agency for Natural Resources and Energy website for the name and location of the business operators.
- * 3 General power transmission and distribution operators refer to Hokkaido Electric Power Network, Inc., Tohoku Electric Power Network Co., Inc., TEPCO Power Grid, Inc., Chubu Electric Power Grid Co., Inc., Hokuriku Electric Power Transmission & Distribution Company., Kansai Transmission and Distribution, Inc., Chugoku Electric Power Transmission & Distribution Company, Inc., Shikoku Electric Power Transmission & Distribution Company, Inc., Kyushu Electric Power Transmission and Distribution Co., Inc., and The Okinawa Electric Power Co., Inc.
- * 4 Demand suppression contractors refer to businesses that have concluded a Consignment Supply Contract with members who are general power transmission and distribution business operators (including businesses that have acquired a license number before signing the contract). For the name, location, etc., of the business operator, please refer to the OCCTO website.
- * 5 “Retail supply contract Discontinuation Service” refers to a business operator who has received a new retail supply contract application from a client who acts on behalf of their customer to apply for the cancellation of retail supply from an existing business operator.
- (1) Scope of shared users
The Company parent company, elDesign Inc., and its group companies (hereinafter referred to as “the Group Companies”) * 1
- (2) Purpose of Shared Use
Information provided by the Group Companies regarding proposals for services, events, questionnaires, etc.
- (3) Information items to be shared
Name, date of birth, gender, address, telephone (FAX) number, email address, work information (company name, department, job title, address, telephone (FAX) number), etc.
- (4) Shared use manager
The Company and the Group Companies.
- (5) Acquisition method
Business card exchanges, business negotiations, transactions, event/seminar applications, telephone, email, inquiries via website, etc.
- (1) Scope of shared users
- 8. Arbitrariness of Acquired Items of Personal Information
All personal information the Company obtains is acquired by the customer’s will. The Company may not be able to service appropriately; if the necessary items have not been provided.
- 9. Personal Information Consultation Desk
For inquiries regarding how the Company handles personal information, please contact below.
4F, Shirokane Takanawa Station Building, 1-27-6 Shirokane, Minato, Tokyo, 108-0072
TEL : 03-5422-8945
Information Security Policy
ENETRADE Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) recognizes the importance and responsibility of protecting the information entrusted to us by our customers and business partners and the information assets we hold off from threats.
Under such circumstances, the Company has actively managed, operated an information security management system.
The scope of the Basic Information Security Policy (hereinafter referred to as “the Basic Policy”) established and has declared that all employees will comply and put into action (needs fixing).
The Company will comply with Electricity Business Law, Personal Information Protection Law, Information Security Laws, Guidelines, Contractual Security Requirements, and Other relevant Rules and Regulations.
In accordance with the Basic Policy, we will maintain and manage internal regulations regarding information security.
The Company recognizes that it is an important social responsibility to handle information assets appropriately when carrying out business. The Company will carry out education and publicity activities for all employees.
To realize an appropriate management system for information assets, the Company will identify threats to information assets and continuously strive for risk analysis, evaluation, and improvement.
To ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information assets, the Company will implement appropriate information security measures based on human, organizational, and technical policies; to work on the safety management of information assets.
To respond to changes in the information security environment and new threats, the Company will evaluate the information security measures and work on continuous improvement.
In the unlikely event that an information security problem occurs, the Company will promptly strive to prevent the spread of the damage and recurrences.
Enacted: July 1st 2017